POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Spline Walker : Re: Spline Walker Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline Walker
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 14 Nov 2002 08:31:03
Message: <3dd3a597$2@news.povray.org>
It looks really nice, even just the stills:  I need to learn more lighting &
shadow tricks. What are you using?

> I want to set up the cycle and then just make
>  it occur 20 times as clock goes from 0 to 1.

Here's an incompletely thought out way to help you along....

1) Design your walk cycle to from a "Mod_Clock" variable of 0 to 1.
    #declare Mod_Clock=mod(clock*Something,1);

2) Determine the stride length of a single walk cycle.

3) Take miniscule baby steps along the spline until the cumulative
    #declare
Path_lenghth_so_far=path_length+vlength(Spliney(Old_position)-Spliney(New_po
sition)).
When  (Path_lenghth_so_far - Stride_length)< some tiny number, then record
New_position as the end of the current stride.

4)  Move the actor along the Spline from 0 to New_position, having the limbs
go through one Mod_Clock.